Thursday, September 21, 2017

Where In The World Is Mila A. Ballentine?

Where Am I?



On Earth. ðŸ˜šðŸ‘“


So ...  if you were wondering, what has she been up to?

I have been busy working, furthering my education and professional skills by obtaining certifications to remain useful in a workforce that is ever changing and volunteering as a Reading Partners Tutor. I work with emergent readers at a public school. At the start of each session, I read a book to them.  It is my favorite part of the experience. 

I volunteer as a reading tutor because my life was forever changed when my mother signed the permission slip for me to take books home from the school library. From that point onward, books became an important part of my life. I'd bring stacks of books home and hide so I could read undisturbed.  By reading books, I was able to escape to places I never knew existed. I want to share my love for books and enthusiasm for learning with other children and thus far, my students are enjoying every minute of it. 

When I'm not working, volunteering or sleeping, I catch up on writing the final book in the Life and Trials of Astonia series and work on a short story that takes place in New York City. If all goes well, the short story will be published later this year. 

So, there's no need to worry. I'm alive, healthy, and doing things My Way


No comments:

Post a Comment