Monday, November 26, 2012

The Platter of Creativity, Author Mila A. Ballentine by S.J. Dennery


Foreword:


I enjoy being a quiet storm in a room, but I agreed to do the following interview with S. J. Dennery, a young author who plans to release her debut novel in 2013.  I was thoroughly impressed with the questions she came up with and I have to admit that the high school sophomore made me dig deep within myself to respond to her questions. I look forward to reading her novel when it is released.

The Platter of Creativity, Author Mila A. Ballentine by S.J. Dennery


Author Mila A. Ballentine's originality shines through all of her stories. She is creative, adventurous, and honest about everything that goes into the pages of her books. If Mila were to get lost in the woods, she would use her time wisely. Her instincts would be alert and her creativity would skyrocket through the roof. Mila would write a story on a leaf. Besides Mila being a good author, she is bubbly, outgoing, and extremely shy, but don’t let her coyness fool you.  Her characters are strong, honest, and ready to jump into an adventure without hesitations.



1.      Is there a genre you haven’t written and would like to pursue in the future?


MAB: I would like to write a Western. My father used to watch western movies when I was a kid and I developed a fondness for it.


2.      If you weren’t an author, what career would you be involved in?

MAB: If I wasn’t an author I would be a costume designer. I was once a costume assistant and besides writing, it was one of my favorite jobs. It gave me a chance to use my creativity to the fullest while working on Broadway-style shows.

3.      Do you see yourself writing books ten years from now?

MAB: Ten years from now, I hope to be in a ranch -style home with horses running across the meadow while I write a steamy romance or western novel. At this point, I can’t image my life without writing. It’s my oxygen; I can’t breathe without it.
 
4.       Do you believe people should choose a book based only on the author’s name?

MAB: I think when a reader is choosing a book, they should always explore new authors. It’s important to discover the creativity of others because each author approaches a storyline differently. Imagine if you were the only person in the world to know what a Banana Foster tasted like. Expand your horizon. Do not limit yourself.

5.       How do you get inspired to write a new book?

MAB: I’m inspired to write when my emotions wonder into barren plains; when the deepest level of sleep blesses me with something so intriguing that it wakes me and I write it down.

6.       What responsibilities do you have to take on as an author?

MAB: My responsibilities as an author includes marketing, blogging, illustrator, cover designer and to continue providing stories to build my catalog of books.

7.       What kind of author do you see/imagine yourself as?

MAB: I see myself as a multicultural writer. I try to write stories that appeal to everyone. I use my cultural experiences and that of others to add spice to my stories.
 
8.       What talent do you wish you had as an author that you don’t have now?

MAB: When I have an idea for my covers, it is often complex. I hope to learn more about graphic design. I would like to create covers that compliment the story. 

9.      Do you have any new releases you’d like to tell us about?

MAB: My new release is BACK AWAY FROM THE SHOES. It’s a glamor mystery.  If you love fashion, you will enjoy this book.  Here’s the Blurb and book trailer:




Life was a breeze for Casey Sullivan until she was blindsided by the unthinkable. Working at the Reinhold Detective Agency comes in handy when the worst and best moments of her life collide. She embarks on a quest that turns out to be more than she bargained for.


I am grateful for the opportunity to interview author Mila A. Ballentine. Interviewing her boosted the confidence of an aspiring author. Thank you, Mila for sharing your creativity and ideas with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment