Monday, November 5, 2012

An Enchantress of Mysterious Tales, Author Tonya Kappes


 

We found each other on Facebook. I was attracted to her contagious energy and we shared an enthusiasm for writing.   I noticed that she got a lot of writing done and I wondered, how does she do it? Then, I read an article on her blog, How Bad Do You Want Success? The article helped me to prioritize my energy on the one thing that sustained me besides food and oxygen, writing.  I have considered her a mentor ever since.  As if that was not enough, she asked ‘me’ an author with little fan fare to do a guest blog.  Honestly, it brought tears to my eyes and joy to my heart.  Author Tonya Kappes enchanting mysteries are unique. She writes EVERYWHERE she goes and she still managed to rescue birds, a cat and even an orphaned baby rat. It is impossible not to love her.

 


One of my favorite books written by Tonya Kappes is Splitsville.com. It is the first novel in the Olivia Davis Mystery Series and is a double finalist in the Next Generation Indie Book Awards in the Mystery and Humorous Categories. A Charming Crime is the latest addition to her collection. There is always a new book brewing at Tonya’s house and I am sure another book will be coming soon.

 

 

 

I got a chance to chat with Tonya Kappes and asked the following questions.

 

1.      Who or what influenced your desire to be an author?

 

T.K: Oh gosh, that is a great question. I’ve always been a good storyteller, but it wasn’t until my husband encouraged me to write did I let my writer inside me out. I haven’t look back since. All I needed was that one person to believe in me.

 

2.      What advice would you give aspiring author?

 

T.K: Plain and simple, WRITE!!!! Make yourself write every single day.

 

3.      What is the most impactful mistake you have made as an author? How did that mistake make you a better author or businessperson?

 

T.K: I don’t think I have made any mistakes. I’m not perfect, but each step of the way, whether good or bad, helped shape my career. I made sure to document everything. Once I felt like I could help other authors, I started my blog and wrote a non-fiction book that helps authors market and promote their novels from the time they decide to write until the time they type THE END on their career.

 

4.      If you could change anything in the publishing industry, what would it be?

 

T.K: Nothing. It’s a great time to be in the publishing industry no matter what journey to publication you take. I’m not worried about everyone else, I just worry about my career and how to reach my reader.

 

5.      If you had a choice of writing on the moon or on a secluded island which would you choose and why?

T.K: I’d definitely choose the secluded island. I’m not sure how I could write with moon gear on.

 

If you haven’t experienced a Tonya Kappes creation you should.  You can start with the Grandberry Falls Box Set Books 1,2, and 3 [Kindle Edition] and you will get three for the price of two!

You can purchase her novels at:


Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Createspace (print)
Google Books

 

Indiebound
Kobo
Smashwords

Thank you Tonya Kappes for being an awesome human being and taking the time out of your busy schedule to answer my questions.

 

 

5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for having me!! I love being here and dishing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. You're welcome and thank you for sharing your spirit and stories.

      Delete
  2. Great. Tonya is an enchantress and such an inspiration. Best wishes to you both.

    ReplyDelete